fredag, juli 28, 2006

Yesterday Simon and I had an awesome day with my sister and her husband, Chad. It was very spontaneous, something that I am known to do best. I had been at the beach from 10:00 in the morning until 8:30 at night all day Wednesday and Simon had been with me until he had soccer at 6:00. When we got home April called and asked if we wanted to go to Raleigh with them to see the house Chad was building, do some shopping at Crabtree Mall, visit the North Carolina Museum of Art and drive to see my Aunt Neta in Rocky Mount. We gladly accepted the invite and arrived at April’s house at 10:00 pm for a slumber party just as the apple pie was coming out of the oven.

That morning we woke up and were on our way by 7:00. Chad was dahing for a fried chicken biscuit from Bojangle’s while Simon was dahing to return to his bed. (We have been waking up each morning around 9:30/10:00, utter bliss!) Nonetheless, we moved on till we hit Raleigh, Durham where the temp was approx. 930 degrees. We dropped Chad off at his job site for about an hour while April, Simon and I went to Crabtree. We did some shopping there and went back to pick up Chad, but first we got a tour of the house he designed which, I don’t know anything about architecture, but was AMAZING. Talk about time and effort. Anyway, we had lunch and afterwards headed to the NC Museum of Art. We all cooled down during the inside tour, but it was the outside tour we were looking most forward to. Chad and his colleagues help lay the foundation for an exhibit in the woods (unfortunately, we do not have a picture of this) a coupla years ago. It was really cool and something we liked to call “The Hobbit House.” It is better to describe this verbally so feel free to ask us about this when we return home. Along the way we saw other structures that reminded us of something or someONE, but after about 30 minutes in the heat it was time to get hydrated and cooled down. We ended our tour of the art museum and headed to Neta's. Along the way we were able to get rejuvenated.

When we go to Neta’s we were so happy. Not only was I getting to my see my Aunt and Uncle again for the first time in a year but I also got to see my cousin, Andy who I have not seen in SO long. I was so excited. We all got many pictures together (as you see here) and got to eat pizza of various toppings (see below). That alone was worth the entire trip…even though the entire trip was worth it. We had FUN at Neta's!!

Ok, so this is the deal. I am a very spontaneous person. I love doing things on a whim. Planning, although the wise thing to do most of the time, seems so structured, too much in the box. If I were to see all this coming my way Wednesday morning I don’t think I would have enjoyed my day at the beach as much as I did, planning to go on a big extravaganza the next day. I remember leaving Martin’s Point Wednesday night feeling like we had not thought everything through, however and had jumped into a big touring project. In Denmark, because of trains and bus systems, one is constantly thinking ahead and planning. It is a great mindset to have and one that I have acquired having been there for a time. So,Wednesday night I ask, “Simon, are we doing the right thing by just doing this.” Now I realize that I still have what it takes to be adventurous in an unorganized manner, while never missing the bus in the process.

Ingen kommentarer: